If you are a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 user and using Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your device, Then you can use this article to Root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 device. Please follow these step to root your device.
Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this root procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this update guide is solely at your own risk!
Read the warnings below and decide whether you want to root your device or not.
– Before rooting your phone backup entire data otherwise you may lose it if the device gets bricked. Root the phone at your own risk and we can’t be held responsible.
– Use Go Backup Pro or Super Backup to backup all the android apps, contact, sms and all data stored on your phone.
– Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on your computer.
– Check your device model Settings -> About phone -> Model number.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
– Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
– Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
– The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware:
Step 1: Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 Files.
Step 2: Start your phone in Download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down”+”Home”+”Power” buttons together until a “Warning!” message appears on screen. Now press the “Volume Up” button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Open Odin3 v3.07 on the computer.
Step 4: Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the “CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5” file.
Step 6: Verify that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the “Re-Partition” option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process completes, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission.
You can verify the root status of the device by installing Root Checker app from Google Play Store.