Use this tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 and install CWM/TWRP recovery on their devices running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
This tutorial uses ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)/TWRP. The root method compatible with the 3G version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 with model number SM-T211.
Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this root procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this update guide is solely at your own risk!
Read the warnings below and decide whether you want to root your device or not.
– Before rooting your phone backup entire data otherwise you may lose it if the device gets bricked. Root the phone at your own risk and we can’t be held responsible.
– Use Go Backup Pro or Super Backup to backup all the android apps, contact, sms and all data stored on your phone.
Download Required Files:
– Samsung USB Driver: Link 1 | Link 2 (Direct)
– Odin3 v3.07: Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4
– CWM (T211.CWM.v22.214.171.124.recovery.tar.zip) or TWRP (T211.TWRP.126.96.36.199v3.recovery.tar.zip)
– Universal Root Package (android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip)
– Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 on your computer.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
– Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
– The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
– Ensure the battery of the device is charged more than 80 percent.
Steps to Install CWM/TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211:
Step 1: Extract the CWM/TWRP and Odin 3.07 files using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file to the SD card of your device.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down”+”Home”+”Power” buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the recovery.tar.md5 file. Verify that F. Reset Time checkbox is selected. Also, ensure the Auto Reboot and Re-Partition options are NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process completes, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect the device from the computer and then go to Step 9.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 via CWM Recovery:
Step 9: Reboot the device into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
Step 10: In CWM Recovery, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Now, navigate to the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file that you copied earlier and confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Once the installation process completes, return to main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully.
You can verify the root status of the device by installing Root Checker app from Google Play Store.