We and the developer of this update procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this update guide is solely at your own risk!
Read the warnings below and decide whether you want to update your device or not.
– Before updating your phone backup entire data otherwise you will lose it. Update the phone at your own risk and we can’t be held responsible if something goes wrong or if the device gets bricked.
– Use Go Backup Pro or Super Backup to backup all the android apps, contact, sms and all data stored on your phone. If your device is rooted you can use Titanium Backup to backup all your data.
– After installing the Android update outside the country may create problems with phone’s network and the phone’s 2G or 3G network may not even work thereby disabling the phone to make any voice call.
– If you are going to update your device and your device is already rooted, you may lose you rooting but can root it again.
Point Of NoteIf official android 4.1.2 jellybean update is available in your country then don’t use this method. Use Samsung Kies to update your Galaxy S Advance.
- Download the latest Android 4.1.2 firmware and from this link (I9070DDULP8_I9070ODDULP8_INU.zip) and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- Download Odin 3.07 from this link and extract the zip file and open Odin.exe
- Install Samsung kies for Samsung usb drivers.
- Turn off your Galaxy S Advance and reboot in download mode by pressing Home + Power Button Volume Down Button at the same time.
- The device will reboot in download mode and you will see a warning to install custom rom. Press volume up button to continue and do not switch it off.
- Now open Odin on your PC and connect your phone to PC using USB cable, and Wait for a moment till Odin recognizes your device.
- When you connect the phone in download mode to Odin then the field under the “ID:COM” in Odin will turn blue and show you the connection ID.Also in message you will see “<ID:0/007> Added!!”. This means that your Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now ready for flashing android jellybean 4.1.2.
- Now click on checkbox in front of “PDA” then click “PDA” in Odin and browse the android jellybean 4.1.2 ROM file which you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Now click “Start”. You will see progress in the progress bar above ID:COM as well as in your android device. Wait for 10-15 minutes and do not turn off or remove data cable at this point.
- When Odin shows result “PASS” your Galaxy S Advance will auto reboot and start with latest android 4.1.2 Jellybean update.
Note: Root Galaxy S Advance Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Problems After Updating Galaxy S Advance To Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Now you may encounter some problems after updating Galaxy S Advance to Official Android 4.1.2 Jellybean then you may have to factory reset your phone. To do so, follow these steps:
- Restart your phone by pressing Home + Volume UP + Power button to enter the recovery mode.
- The device will automatically boot in recovery mode.You can move up and down by pressing volume up and down buttons. Now select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- The device will be wiped and factory reset. Then go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- After wiping cache partition go back and select “reboot system now”.
- Now your Galaxy S Advance will work perfectly.
- You will again be prompted with the Setup wizard and most probably the language shown will be other then English, so select English there and proceed further.
Now you have installed Android 4.1.2 Jellybean update on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070.