If you are a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 user and using Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your device, Then you can use this guide to Root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 device. If you want root your device follow our step-by-step guide.
Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this root procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this update guide is solely at your own risk!
Read the warnings below and decide whether you want to root your device or not.
– Before rooting your phone backup entire data otherwise you may lose it if the device gets bricked. Root the phone at your own risk and we can’t be held responsible.
– Use Go Backup Pro or Super Backup to backup all the android apps, contact, sms and all data stored on your phone.
Download Required Files:
– Samsung USB Driver: Link 1 | Link 2 (Direct)
– Odin3 v3.07: Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4
– CWM (- Mirror Link) or TWRP (Mirror Link)
– SuperSu (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip) or use latest version
– Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 on your computer.
– Check your device model Settings -> About phone -> Model number.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
– Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
– Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
Steps to Install CWM/TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005
Step 1: Copy the SuperSU.zip file to the SD card of your phone.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Start your phone in Download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down”+”Home”+”Power” buttons together until a “Warning!” message appears on screen. Now press the “Volume Up” button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Open Odin3 v3.07 on the computer.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CWM/TWRP “recovery.tar” file.
Step 7: Verify that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the “Re-Partition” option is NOT selected.
Step 8: Now hit the Start button to begin the installation process, Sit back and wait a few minutes.
Step 9: Once the installation process completes, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Steps to Root Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 using CWM Recovery
Step 10: Start your phone in recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up”+”Home”+”Power” together.
Step 11: In CWM recovery, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Now, navigate to the SuperSU.zip file that you copied earlier and confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
Step 12: Once the installation process completes, return to main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission.
Note: This method will trip the KNOX warranty void status.
You can verify the root status of the device by installing Root Checker app from Google Play Store.