Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 users can now unroot their device to recover the phone’s warranty by using this step-by-step guide. In order to regain the device hardware warranty, users must install Triangle Away app to reset flash counter to zero and then follow the steps in this guide to unroot the device successfully.
Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this root procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this update guide is solely at your own risk!
Read the warnings below and decide whether you want to root your device or not.
– Before rooting your phone backup entire data otherwise you may lose it if the device gets bricked. Root the phone at your own risk and we can’t be held responsible.
– Use Go Backup Pro or Super Backup to backup all the android apps, contact, sms and all data stored on your phone.
Download Required Files:
– Samsung USB Driver: Link 1 | Link 2 (Direct)
– Odin3 v3.07: Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4
– Android 4.3 I9500XXUEMK9 Jelly Bean Firmware (I9500XXUEMK9_I9500ODDEMK9_INS.zip)
– Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 on your computer.
– Check your device model Settings -> About phone -> Model number.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
– Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
– Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
Steps to Unroot Galaxy S4 I9500 with Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Jelly Bean Firmware:
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file and you will get a .tar.md5 file.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Start your phone in Download mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down”+”Home”+”Power” buttons together until a “Warning!” message appears on screen. Now press the “Volume Up” button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Open Odin3 v3.07 on the computer.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy S4 I9500 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 6: Select the following files in Odin from extracted I9500XXUEMK9 firmware folder:
– Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
– Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
– Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
– Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 7: Verify that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the “Re-Partition” option is chosen only if a .pit file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 8: Now hit the Start button to begin the installation process, Sit back and wait a few minutes.
Step 9: Once the installation process completes, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on official Android 4.3 XXUEMK9 Jelly Bean is now Unrooted successfully. However, to get back warranty you should first use triangle away to set flash counter to zero and then follow the above steps.